Alright, our first challenge is to find out about Kaplan (Wilkie Edge). It's my first time doing this. So, I hope as time goes by I hope I'll get better at doing it.
Wilkie Edge is located at 8 Wilkie Road. It is walking distance to Dhoby Ghaut, Bras Basah and Little India MRT Stations. It is a 12 storey building. There are offices, retail shops and apartments. Completed in 2008. It has a LED screen displaying the latest advertisements. It has roughly 13880 square meters. Owned by Capita Commercial Trust and managed by CapitaLand.
Did You Know
- Wilkie Edge has also been certified the Green Mark Award by the Building and Construction Authority of Singapore. It stands out not only because of its three distinguishable façades. The media façade, the silver skin of perforated aluminium and the textured curtain wall in louvres and glass. It is distinguished by its design to maximise the comfort level of the people who work and live in it.
- Wilkie Edge has no fewer than 14 sky gardens: three main gardens and 11 small ones. The sky gardens can be found mainly on the third, sixth, and ninth stories only accessible only by the tenants.
Most of the serviced apartments have windows that face the north-south axis. This is to minimise the solar heat gain from the wall and glass during the day. And for the small number of apartments facing the east-west direction, they are fitted with vertical fins to act as sun-shading devices
- A skylight is created at the second storey to bring in natural lighting and offer views into the roof garden at the third storey. This skylight illuminates the indoor atrium space and creates a visual relationship with the atmosphere outside. To further reduce its carbon footprint, sensors are used in the atrium to control the lighting
- The decoration pieces hanging above the escalator are made out of plastic bottles and painted in vibrant colours.
5 Different activities/things to do @ Kaplan (Wilkie Edge)
Hyun Taekwondo Academy
It is the first Taekwondo School in Singapore with an internationally certified Korean principal. It takes students from the beginner’s level of White Belt through to Black Belt and beyond.
*You sign up for a free trial class.
Happy Tummy is a salad based shop. With a wide variety of fresh greens, meats and homemade sauces. They also offer cold freshly squeezed juices and dessert like macarons, tiramisu, waffles. Affordable salad with a wide selection. Ideal location right beneath Kaplan classroom making it a definite choice for students to have lunch or dinner before and after class. There are wide range of food and the staffs are friendly. The selection for toppings is endless. This is easily one of the most value for money salad places in Singapore. Cheaper than Salad Stop! A constant stream of customers arrived, most likely Kaplan students
The shop may not be able to accommodate too many tables but the available sitting capacities are just comfortable and not too cramp, anyway you can always opt for the take away.
You also get to enjoy a special discount if you are from:
- RSM international
- The Ascott Limited
- Citadines (staff/residents)
Or an additional topping if you are a student or a staff from
Mon – Fri : 8.30am to 8pm
Sat & Sun : 10.30am to 4pm
Starbucks (Wilkie Edge)
Staffs prompt service, they were quick at doing the orders and they are efficient at clearing the tables. This outlet has an alfresco area with smoking corner and also the air-conditioned area which are located inside the building. There are ample of cushioned seats. This outlet has power plugs inside and outside. The outdoor working area is great for people who like to smoke. It is spacious and because of the orientation of the place.
Mon to Sun (Public Holiday) : 7am – 10.30pm
Each a Cup (Wilkie Edge)
If Starbucks is too costly for your tight budget, you can always go to each a cup. At this outlet, the is a space for you to sit down and do your work or just chill with your friends. There’s a variety of drinks to choose from milk teas to ice blended drinks.Operating Hours:
Mon to Fri : 10am – 9.30pm
Sat & Sun : 10.30 – 9 pm
Kaplan (Wilkie Edge)
Facilities & Equipment
- 3 Computer Labs
- Self-Help Printing Kiosk
- Level 5 Student Lounges
- Level 5 Student Pantry with Hot & Cold water dispensers
- Assignment Submission Box (2nd floor )